Thursday, November 8, 2007

Don't Live for the dot

So a quick cool little thing that God has been teaching me is the importance of not living for the "dot" in my life. It's becoming more and more real to me how short life is but how important the decisions we make here are. Jesus is so clear about not living for what is, but for what is to come. The other night Monica and I were talking about this and we drew a dot and right next to the dot we drew a straight line with an arrow on the end of it. Our life is so short...it's a small dot. Eternity is a long line...that never ends. How foolish it would be to live a life for the dot, for myself, for things that would pass away. But how important the dot is because in the way we live in the dot- it affects the line that lasts forever. How crazy it is to realize the small little dot decides how we spend our eternal line. I guess it was some random thoughts on a late night, but God used it to teach me a good lesson.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love this picture! God is revealing so much to you and Monica and I cannot wait to see and hear what He has done and continues to do in your lives once you return. I learned this past week that our BIG moments are actually the little moments that can occur on a daily basis... and this looks like one of them! Keep taking hold of the little things God is teaching you each day and take action. :) I love you so much Al, and I'm loving the transformation God is creating in your heart, but also your willingness in allowing Him to change it!
much love and hugs,
Heather